May 24, The Next Store KUWAIT, (KUNA) — The Kuwaiti Ministry of Health announced that 838 persons have tested positive for the novel coronavirus (Covid-19) in the past 24 hours, taking the overall count to 21,302.
Eight more deaths from Covid-19 took the death toll to 156, the Ministry’s Spokesman Dr. Abdullah Al-Sanad in a statement to KUNA on Sunday.
The newly identified cases are locally transmitted, Dr. Al-Sanad said, noting that the health authorities are surveying the persons who were in contact with the patients.
“These cases include 134 Kuwaiti citizens, 260 Indian expats, 125 Egyptians and 86 Bangladeshis.
“Of these cases, 355 were identified in Farwaniya governorate, 176 in Al-Ahmadi, 120 in Hawalli, 96 in Al-Jahra and 91 in the Capital City,” Dr. Al-Sanad pointed out.
On the health condition of patients, he said there are 15,029 patients who still receive the necessary medical care, including 177 at ICUs, he said, noting that 3,195 Covid-19 tests, conducted in the last 24 hours, took the overall to 268,154.
Dr. Al-Sanad added that 109 persons completed the mandatory quarantine and have to spend a couple of weeks in self-isolation at home.
Regarding the Covid-19 tests, he said 2,935 have been conducted in the past 24 hours, taking the overall tally to 271,089. (pickup previous)
MOH Confirms 838 new cases of Coronavirus Covid19 & 8 new deaths in the last 24 hours.
0 Cases related to travel
May 24, 8 New death cases ( Total 156 )
May 24, 370 New recovery cases ( Total 6,117)
15,029 Active cases.
21,302 ( Total number of cases registered )
Cases In contact:
260 Cases of Indian residents.
134 Cases of Citizens.
125 Cases of Egyptian residents.
86 Cases of Bangladeshi residents.
Farwaniya 355 Cases
Ahmadi 176 Cases
Hawally 120 Cases
Jahra 96 Cases
Capital 91 Cases
Highest residential areas :
Farwaniya 124 Cases
Jleeb Al-Shuyoukh 77 Cases
Khaitan 74 Cases
Hawally 44 Cases
Kuwait MoH confirms 370 more recoveries from Covid-19
KUWAIT, May 24 (KUNA) — The Ministry of Health said Sunday that 370 coronavirus patients have recovered in the past 24 hours, bringing the overall tally to 6,117.
The lab tests affirmed the recovery of those persons, and thereby they will be moved to rehabilitation wards in hospitals before being discharged in the coming two days, according to a statement from the Ministry. (end) mak.amh.gb
- JAN25, Kuwait Report 4856 New Recovery The Next StoreJAN25, Kuwait News, (KUNA) – The Kuwaiti Ministry of Health […]
- JAN24, Kuwait Report 4337 New Recovery The Next StoreJAN24, Kuwait News, (KUNA) – The Kuwaiti Ministry of Health […]
- JAN23, Kuwait Report 4334 New Recovery The Next StoreJAN23, Kuwait News, (KUNA) – The Kuwaiti Ministry of Health […]
- JAN22, Kuwait Report 4991 New Recovery The Next StoreJAN22, Kuwait News, (KUNA) – The Kuwaiti Ministry of Health […]
- JAN21, Kuwait Report 4229 New Recovery The Next StoreJAN21, Kuwait News, (KUNA) – The Kuwaiti Ministry of Health […]
- JAN20, Kuwait Report 4109 New Recovery The Next StoreJAN20, Kuwait News, (KUNA) – The Kuwaiti Ministry of Health […]