Oct 07, Kuwait News, (KUNA) -The Kuwait’s confirmed coronavirus cases increased by 475 to 108,743 with seven people having succumbed to the disease raising the death toll to 639 in the past 24 hours, the health ministry said on Wednesday.
The figures include people, who have come into contact with infected individuals, and others whose source of infection is currently being investigated, read a ministry statement.
In terms of health zones, 115 were reported in Al-Ahmadi, 105 cases in Hawally, 89 in Farwaniyah, 83 in Jahra and 83 in the Capital, added the official.
There are 127 people currently receiving intensive care for the virus out of a total 7,328 patients being hospitalized.
Some 4,083 swab tests were conducted in the last 24 hours, out of a total of 768,691 so far, added the spokesman.
The official reiterated the strict need to abide by health precautions, urging nationals and expatriates alike that following social distancing rules is the only way to keep the virus at bay.
Earlier, the ministry said 597 people have recovered from the virus, upping the total number of those to have overcome the disease to 100,776. (pickup previous)
Oct 07, Kuwait News, 0 Cases related to travel
597 New recovery cases ( Total 100,776 )
475 New Cases ( Total 108,743 )
7,328 Active Cases Total
7 New Deaths Cases ( Total 639 )
4,083 New Tests ( Total 764,608 )
127 Serious Cases ( ICU )
Ahmadi 115 Cases
Hawally 105 Cases
Farwaniya 89 Cases
Al-Jahra 83 Cases
Capital 83 Cases
Oct 06, Kuwait Report 597 recoveries up by Covid-19 total 100,776
Oct 07, Kuwait News, (KUNA) – The number of coronavirus recoveries in Kuwait rose by 597 to 100,776 over the past 24 hours, the health ministry said on Wednesday.
This comes after the necessary health checks and safety procedures were carried out proving the cases to be negative, according to a ministry statement. (end)